We can help!
We are a national, chapter-based organization that makes it easier for birth activists to organize and affect change in communities across the country. We believe that by having a strong national board to take care of the the management details of running a non-profit organization, birth activists within our chapters can dedicate more time and energy to improving maternity care in their communities.
Some of the support we provide includes, but is not limited to:
- Sharing our non-profit tax status with ImprovingBirth Network chapters in good standing.
- Providing startup materials, meeting outlines, publicity materials, program support and guidelines for running local chapters.
- Providing database management of membership data.
- Providing a professionally designed website and calendar of events that will refer visitors to local chapters.
- Providing ongoing chapter support through email and call support from board contacts, Chapter Leaders email discussion group, and Chapter Leader's Facebook page.
- Providing legislative monitoring of issues pertaining to pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding and parenting.
- Creating and maintaining relationships with leadership of other birth organizations and developing partnerships with birth and maternal professionals both locally and nationally.
- Providing you with a share of all membership funds collected by your chapter and ALL of any additional funds your chapter raises.