One of the easiest ways to be a Birth Advocate is to become a Member of BirthNetwork National. Membership in our organization connects you to birth professionals and other advocates who are seeking to improve birth locally and nationally. Birth Professionals who join as members will be included in our national online Provider Directory. If there is a local chapter in your area, you may also be included in the local online and print directories (when applicable) unless we are notified otherwise. Parents and others in the community who believe in our mission and benefit from our services can join as a Birth Advocate to support the work we are doing.
BirthNetwork National is a non-profit organization that depends on memberships and the hard work of our volunteers to fulfill its mission. Please join us as we work to improve maternity care. All memberships and contributions to BirthNetwork National are tax-deductible under IRS Section 501(c)3.
ABOUT OUR WORK
BirthNetwork National is leading a grassroots movement based on the belief that birth can profoundly affect our physical, mental and spiritual well-being. BirthNetwork National advocates Mother-Friendly care, as defined by the Coalition for Improving Maternity Services’ Mother-Friendly Childbirth Initiative (MFCI). By making informed choices and having confidence in the process, families can experience safe and satisfying childbirth.
THREE EASY STEPS TO MEMBERSHIP
- Choose your Membership Level
- Birth Advocates – Parents and community members passionate about Mother-Friendly birth.
- Individual Professionals – Individuals providing Mother-Friendly services.
- Group Professionals – Businesses with more than one professional providing Mother-Friendly services.
- Read and Endorse the Mother-Friendly Childbirth Initiative. You may download a PDF copy of the MFCI or endorse the MFCI online.
- Fill out our Membership Application.